How to install the Genesis Framework parent theme
Before installing Genesis Customizer, it is important that the Genesis Framework is first installed. To install Genesis, follow the steps below:
How to install Genesis Framework
- Unzip the theme download file you received after purchasing from https://studiopress.com.
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to Appearance > Themes.
- At the top, click the “Add New” button and then click “Upload Theme” on the next page.
- Click the "Choose File" button and select the genesis.zip file that came inside your theme download file.
- Click Install Now and wait for the framework to install. You don't need to activate it.
You can update Genesis any time in the future as updates become available.We recommend that you backup your site prior to installing any updates.